- Purpose: Park facilities are provided as multi purpose athletic, cultural and educational areas for individuals and various groups, clubs, and organizations of the Town of Grand Island.
- Administration: The Town of Grand Island Parks Department will be responsible for the administrative use of all of the grounds and facilities.
- Maintenance: The Town of Grand Island Parks Department will be responsible for the daily, long range, technical maintenance, grooming, cutting, and lining of all athletic fields and related facilities.
- Use of Parks Facilities: Any individual, non-profit organization, group, or club may make use of the park. Proof of residency, Certificate of Insurance, Letter of Permission from a school if the school facility is being requested and applicable user fees are required.
- Lavatory Facilities: The Town of Grand Island Parks Department will include the use of the lavatory facility closest to the activity area being used. Each group is responsible for proper use, clean up, and supervision of the lavatory facility.
- Damages: users will be responsible for repair of damages caused.
The minimum deadline to submit usage request is 4 weeks prior to start date.
All submissions will be on a first come, first served basis.
Any late submissions or changes to request will approved at the discretion of the Parks Department, based on the ability to prepare the requested facility by the date(s) requested.
Blocked Out Dates of Facilities:
Inquire within for any other legal holiday that may be blocked out.
- May - Memorial Day (Monday) –all facilities
- June 7 - Relay for Life event Friday to 9 am Saturday
- July- Independence Day: (July 3rd & July 4th) all facilities
- September- Labor Day (Monday) all facilities
*The Parks Department reserves the right to block out dates and times of usage and to limit or restrict the use of any facility or athletic field for the purpose of repairs, maintenance and game preparation, or construction needs.
Fee Schedule as per adopted by Town of Grand Island 2017:
- Non-Resident Use of Recreation Facilities:
Per Special Use: Clinics, Shows, Camps, etc. $50.00
- Concession Stand at Veterans Park:
Daily Usage $25.00
The interpretation, application and enforcement of the provisions of this fee schedule are the minimum requirements necessary for the protection of the health, safety and general welfare of the Town of Grand Island. The fees established reflect the administration costs of processing such permits and will be subject to review by the Town as needed.
Please review the following PDF for more information regarding the sign-out procedure and any other important information regarding the use of our facilities.
Please contact the Parks Department for the following Agreements/Contracts:
• Vendor Maintenance
• Vendor Construction Contract